POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV-Ray Folder Structure : Re: POV-Ray Folder Structure Server Time
4 Jul 2024 14:08:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Folder Structure
From: clipka
Date: 17 Sep 2010 15:49:23
Message: <4c93c643$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.09.2010 12:37, schrieb Silverlight2009:
> Hello!
>
> I have the next problem:
>
> I am a Windows 7 64-bit user, and I'd like to install POV-Ray the following way:
> I have 2 partitions, C: and D:. C: is the system, operating system, program
> files, temporal data, etc. on it. D: is data and everything else. Now, I'd like
> to make D:\Documents\POV-Ray to be my POV-Ray working directory, so that include
> files, ini files, Insert Menu, scenes installed with POV-Ray and of course, my
> own files put into this directory. What can I do for this during installation,
> or after it?

... or even before it?

You could for instance move your user directory ("My Documents") to
D:\Documents before installing POV-Ray -- and keep it there for all
those other programs that want to have their own subdirectory of "My
Documents". That should work like a charm.

Not sure how you'd do that in Windows 7 though. On XP you'd do a
right-click on "My Documents", choose "Properties", and then "Move to...".