POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texturing the inside of a hollow hemisphere : Re: Texturing the inside of a hollow hemisphere Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texturing the inside of a hollow hemisphere
From: clipka
Date: 17 Sep 2010 15:00:55
Message: <4c93bae7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 10.09.2010 16:04, schrieb Jonsku:

> This is working well, but now I'm having troubles figuring out how to texture
> the inside of the dome. At the moment my texture declaration that I pass to the
> macro as "insideTexture" is as follow :
>
> #declare insideT = texture{
>      pigment{
>          uv_mapping
>          image_map{png "data/FisheyeTest.png"}
>      }
> }
>
> where FisheyeTest.png is a square image (ratio width/height = 1/1) rendered with
> POV-Ray using the fisheye camera.

AFAIK There's no mapping that matches the fisheye camera, so if you're
stuck with that format for your to-be-projected material, things will
get complicated.

If however you're free to pick a camera type, then the spherical camera
is what you want, as it precisely matches the uv_mapping for spheres.
(Alternatively, you can use non-uv_mapping, with "map_type 1".)