POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fog type : "from the back"? : Re: fog type : "from the back"? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fog type : "from the back"?
From: Alain
Date: 16 Sep 2010 12:55:54
Message: <4c924c1a$1@news.povray.org>

> Jim Holsenback<jho### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:
>> check out:
>> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_3.1#Fog
>>
>> particular attention to "up" and transformations ...
>
> yes, thanks it appears i have the test pov working with this.
>
> however, my own scene has the camera with "up 39.00*y" - any caveats about
> mixing the up vectors? the scene seems ok.
>
> oh, and should fog play nicely with radiosity?
>
> i originally wanted the fog to start from a certain point, so the foreground is
> always unaffected by fog : but it seems "that's not how it works".
>
> -bryan

Fog never interact with radiosity. As fog is not realy a media, adding
media on have no effect. Radiosity can never illuminate any media, and
even less fog. No light source can illuminate a fog ether.

Ground fog never goes to zero density, the density fall off as the
inverse square of the altitude. Any area under fog_offset is constant.
If you want to exclude an area, you need to use a non-hollow plane. If
the camera is inside that plane, you need to diference a sphere from the
plane around the camera so that the camera is not inside a non-hollow
object.

Alain