POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : But WHY is the run gone??!?! : But WHY is the run gone??!?! Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  But WHY is the run gone??!?!
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Sep 2010 05:53:01
Message: <4c90977d$1@news.povray.org>
Will: How did Jack get off the island?

Gibbs: Well, I'll tell ye. He waded out into the shallows and stood
there motionless for three days and three nights, 'til all manner o' sea
creature 'came /acclimeted/ to his presence. Then on the third day, he
*roped* himself a couple of sea turtles, and *lashed* them together to
make a raft!

Will: He roped a couple of sea turtles?

Gibbs: Aye, /sea turtles/!

Will: ...what did he use for rope?

Gibbs: ........er.......

Great story, right up until that point. :-P

Come to think of it...

Jack: No! Not good! Stop! What are you doing? You've burnt all the
food... the shade... the rum!

Elizabeth: Yes, the rum is gone.

Jack: Why is... the rum gone?

Elizabeth: One, because it is a foul drink that turns even decent men
into complete scoundrels. Two, that signal is over a thousand feet high.
The *entire* Royal Navy is out looking for me! Do you think that there's
even the /slightest chance/ that they won't see it?

Jack: But... why is the rum gone?!

More to the point... You're stranded on a desert island. Where the ****
did you get fire from?! Did Elizabeth just happen to have a box of
matches in her pocket or something? :-P