POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Returning the file name. : Re: Returning the file name. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Returning the file name.
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 13 Sep 2010 16:29:00
Message: <4c8e898c$1@news.povray.org>
Le 13/09/2010 22:01, Stephen nous fit lire :
> Is there a method of returning the file name to a variable, of the scene
> I am rendering? I would also like to get the file path as well.
> I want to do some recursive work with the output of the previous frame
> in an animation.

You can have the current frame number (frame_number), but we are weak on
the string functions. (converting the number in a string is fine, but I
do not know how to get the current scene filename, so you might have to
hardcode it)

For using the previously rendered image, add +L<path of the render
directory> in your option (especially with that settings which might be
set or not: to render all files in one directory) (if not rendering from

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/228/

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/232/