POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web page construction : Re: Web page construction Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:11:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web page construction
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Sep 2010 11:58:36
Message: <4c8cf8ac@news.povray.org>
>> OK, here's a couple of little questions that somebody here might know
>> the answer to...
>>
>> 1. Suppose I have something like
>>
>>   <h1>Introduction</h2>
>
> you meant </h1>, right ?

Uh, yes.

>> If so, how do I do it?
>
> without css ? in plain html 1.0 ? No chance without breaking some bits.

Oh, no, I meant "what CSS do I need to apply to make this happen?"

> Now, if you want to show/hide the <div>, why do you need to do that
> outside the div itself ? And why javascript ?

It's outside so that hiding it doesn't also hide the button that unhides
it. ;-) As for "why JavaScript"... um, what other possibilities exist?!

> BTW:
>
> <h1>Introduction</h1> (that's bad, as only 1 h1 per page, so, unless the
> page's object is introduction (to what ?).. you got a content's issue.
>
> <h1>Subject of page</h1>
> <h2>Introduction</h2>
>
> is probably better.

Well, yes, it's an incomplete page fragment.

>>   Root                               2009-09-12  Ahsc
>>     Resources                        2009-09-10  Ahsc
>>       Main.css                       2009-09-10  Ahsc
>>       Main.js                        2009-09-10  Ahsc
>>     Packages                         2009-09-12  Ahsc
>>       ansi-terminal                  2009-09-12  Ahsc
>>
> You need to tag your date & attribute (with span), and have the css to
> position them at absolute horizontal position.

OMG, that works?? o_O

I thought absolute positioning only allows you to position an item
absolutely with respect to the browser window. I didn't think you could
make just *one* coordinate absolute. (And even then, I thought the
coordinates are relative to the browser window, not the page.)

Clearly some research is required...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/