POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Segmentation Fault : Re: Segmentation Fault Server Time
30 Jun 2024 17:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Segmentation Fault
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 12 Sep 2010 05:10:54
Message: <4c8c991e$1@news.povray.org>
Le 12/09/2010 03:03, Anthony D. Baye nous fit lire :
> Same version. Ubuntu Karmic, povray 3.7 beta 38, fujitsu lifebook w/ intel core2
> duo 32-bit
>
> segfaults after rendering the first frame, even with your extra arguments
>
> gdb returns the following:
>
> [New Thread 0xb495ab70 (LWP 3483)]
> [New Thread 0xb2cb0b70 (LWP 3484)]

> [Switching to Thread 0xb705eb70 (LWP 3456)]
> 0x08053f14 in ?? ()
>
> hope this is helpful

It might... it might be a 32 bit issue.
I recompiled for gdb, and ran from the debugger: no SIGSEGV on my 64
bits. (Lucid)
Maybe someone with a 32 bits system could help ?
Maybe a precision issue or a compiler issue ?

Notice that index(seconds) should be expanded as
"seconds*(1 / Duration)"
as tick= (1/FC)*FR
and FC = FR*Duration
ergo tick = (1/(FR*Duration)*FR = 1/Duration (as long as FR !=0)

pow(clock-index(0),2) might be clearer as pow(clock,2)

and it might also be interesting to use frame_number, initial_frame,
final_frame to automatically adjust the frame_rate
 ( http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/228/ )
from the command line
 ( http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/216/ )
+kff240 +kf10.0 +ki0.0 +kfi1
(clock going from 0 to 10, frames from 1 to 240, 20 frames per clock unit)