POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Diabolo : Re: Diabolo Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:15:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Diabolo
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Sep 2010 05:07:21
Message: <4c8600c9$1@news.povray.org>
> Diabolo isn't too hard providing you take a bit of time - I think the basics are
> no harder than learning to juggle a regular 3-ball shower. It does look cool
> though!

I can't juggle, and I don't suppose I ever will. It's far too hard.

Initially just convincing the diabolo to spin was hard enough. However,
by the time the sun went down and it was too dark to practise, I could
do surprisingly hard stuff - stuff that looks like it should take
*months* to master.

> You should try the devil's stick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_stick) too
> - quite a bit harder, but some of the tricks are much more dynamic and
> impressive.

Yeah, they had one of those too. It looks very boring to watch though.