POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : SU2POV USERS : Re: SU2POV USERS Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:48:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SU2POV USERS
From: Alain
Date: 3 Sep 2010 20:42:35
Message: <4c8195fb@news.povray.org>

> arq3design wrote:
>
>> This is an example of how the material I have currently, is the
>> closest thing
>> I've gotten what I need, but are, for my taste, too much reflection.
>> Could you
>> give me some advice?.
>
> Below is your texture extended into a material so you
> can add a interior, and the F_Glass5 expanded into the
> values from glass.inc so you can play with the parameters.
> To reduce the reflection you can decrease specular as
> well as the min/max value in the reflection block.
>
> #declare Cristal_Mesa = material
> {
> texture
> {
> pigment { color rgbt 1}
>
> finish
> {
> specular 0.7
Reduce this if the highlights are to importent.
> roughness 0.001
If you reduce this value, the highlights will get sharper.
> ambient 0
> diffuse 0
> reflection
> {
> 0.2, 1.0
Adjust the first value to set the minimal reflective value. That valus
is used when the surface is viewed perpendicularly.
Adjust the second value to set the maximal reflective value. That value
is used when the surface is vewed at a grazing angle.
> fresnel on
You can add an optional "exponent Float" here. It will affect the
falloff of the reflection.
> }
> conserve_energy
Important. Keep that.
> }
> }
> interior {ior 1.5}
If you change the interior, the reflection will change as the fresnel
reflection is ior dependent.
> }
>
> // sample usage
> sphere {0,1 material {Cristal_Mesa}}

You can try with: reflection{0.05, 0.7 fresnel}

This will gives you a notably less reflective glass.

Alain