POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why are web browser logos round? : Re: Why are web browser logos round? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why are web browser logos round?
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Sep 2010 14:58:28
Message: <4c814554$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   My theory: Web browser logos are usually based on the "planet" motif

Thunderbird is also round.

Spyglass wasn't round, and neither was the original netscape logo.

But yes, I'd guess it's the world-wide-ness of it.

Unlike vehicles, most of whom have round logos or tri-part logos because
they manufactured airplanes during the wars, so lots of car logos look like
propellers.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven: