POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why are web browser logos round? : Why are web browser logos round? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Why are web browser logos round?
From: Warp
Date: 3 Sep 2010 12:48:04
Message: <4c8126c4@news.povray.org>
Check out the logos of Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera,
Safari, Konqueror and Netscape. They have one thing in common: They are
all round.

  This got me thinking, why are they all round?

  My theory: Web browser logos are usually based on the "planet" motif
(depicting world-wideness). The Firefox logo has a literal planet in it,
but are all the other ones also round for the same reason?

--
                                                          - Warp