POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New TB : Re: New TB Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:11:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New TB
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Sep 2010 11:57:08
Message: <4c7fc954$1@news.povray.org>
>> It's almost like installing a new version of MS Office. All the
>> functionality is the same, but all the buttons have moved around! Most
>> particularly, the Reply button is now in the message header rather than
>> the toolbar
>
> Less mouse movement to reach the "reply" button, I guess.

Maybe. But it's going to take months for me to finally remember where to
look for it now.

> Personally, I like how they hid "Reply all".

I had removed that years ago anyway. I hadn't even noticed it's hidden
by default now.

>> Apparently there's an add-on to make the header smaller. In fact, it
>> seems that with this new release, almost everything of interest is a
>> separate add-on rather than a built-in feature.
>
> Your "everything of interest" may not be my "everything of interest".
> Less bloatware.

Being able to configure which columns show up isn't exactly an advanced
feature. It's a basic function of the software. But now instead of being
built-in, you have to install a special add-on to enable it again.
Bloatware? Now I have to install a dozen poorly-supported 3rd-party
add-ons just to get the functionality I should be getting out-of-the-box.