POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New TB : Re: New TB Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New TB
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Sep 2010 11:54:32
Message: <4c7fc8b8$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/09/2010 04:29 PM, Stephen wrote:

> anyone have any recommendations for a free newsreader for Win7.

Thunderbird has a few annoying quirks - most especially, the broken
threading bug which has existed since Thunderbird was part of the
"Mozilla suite" yet still hasn't been fixed. (Or rather, Bugzilla claims
it *has* been fixed, and that to fix it you need to do a complex
sequence of configuration changes... which never actually work.)

The annoyance of the spell checker never working seems to be gone now,
so that's something. I also wish quoting was a little less
unpredictable, but hey.

Unfortunately, the only other newsreader for Windows that I know of is
Outlook Express. Obviously, this sucks like hell.