POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New TB : New TB Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  New TB
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Sep 2010 04:59:26
Message: <4c7f676e@news.povray.org>
I just updated to Thunderbird 3.1.2

It's almost like installing a new version of MS Office. All the
functionality is the same, but all the buttons have moved around! Most
particularly, the Reply button is now in the message header rather than
the toolbar, which means the header is bigger now. In other words,
you've got the thread list at the top, the message at the bottom, and a
large useless grey header bar wasting space in the middle. Great.

Apparently there's an add-on to make the header smaller. In fact, it
seems that with this new release, almost everything of interest is a
separate add-on rather than a built-in feature.

It's not all bad though: I installed the UK English dictionary *again*,
but now, for the first time ever in history, it *actually works*. I can
now spell-check what I'm writing. Why the hell that never worked before
I will never know... but it works now. (It does the MS Word style red
underline that everybody copies now.) With this feature enabled, I am
rapidly discovering just how abysmal my spelling actually is...