POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Two things that irritate me : Re: Two things that irritate me Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two things that irritate me
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Aug 2010 17:56:04
Message: <4c7c28f4$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> I'm just saying, if someone came up and said "Is that real?"  I'd say
> "No, it's fake."  Exactly like if someone came up to me while I was
> watching Star Wars and said "Are those real space ships?" I'd say "No,
> they're fake", even tho nobody thinks Star Wars is real.

Oh, and interestingly enough, imagine a version of Alien where in order to
escape, they built a simulacrum of an alien out of tofu and propped it up in
the corridor. Then you'd say the live alien is "real," the tofu is fake,
even tho both are unreal and everyone involves knows that both are movie props.

And the robot "isn't a real person", even tho the actor is a real person,
and you're supposed to believe the robot is a real person. So it all gets
rather confusing.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven: