POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Two things that irritate me : Re: Two things that irritate me Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:11:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two things that irritate me
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Aug 2010 13:51:59
Message: <4c7befbf$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> It's ok to end a sentence in a preposition,

Even the guy who invented the rule said it was OK as long as the preposition
was necessary. The actual rule is to not add an extra preposition that
doesn't change the sentence.

I.e., "Where is the library at?" can be just as easily written "Where is the
library?"

On the other hand, "Who did you give it to?" is fine, because you can't say
"Who did you give it?"

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven: