POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Two things that irritate me : Re: Two things that irritate me Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two things that irritate me
From: Warp
Date: 30 Aug 2010 13:31:16
Message: <4c7beae4@news.povray.org>
Mike the Elder <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> B. PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW THAT A PREPOSITION IS NOT WHAT ONE SHOULD END A SENTENCE
> WITH.

  It irritates me when people blindly repeat the lore about certain
conventions of writing being bad, even though there's nothing wrong
about these conventions. It's ok to end a sentence in a preposition,
or start a sentence with a conjunction. There's nothing wrong about it.
The notion of them being "bad English" is just an urban legend invented
by some individual.

--
                                                          - Warp