POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : max_intersections : Re: max_intersections Server Time
30 Jun 2024 13:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: max_intersections
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Aug 2010 13:19:42
Message: <4c79452e$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/08/2010 5:46 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 28.08.2010 18:33, schrieb Stephen:

>> Am I missing something?
>
> It's a bug, not a feature :-/

I love them. ;-)

> According to the POV-Ray source code, "max_intersections FLOAT" is
> apparently supposed to do nothing in POV-Ray 3.7, but the parser fails
> to eat the FLOAT parameter.
>
> You can work around this by commenting-out the offending line (or
> placing a "#if (version < 3.7)...#end" around it).

Oh! did I miss out that it had a #version 3.6; before the Global
Settings block?

> Actually, you should
> also have received a parser warning, "'max_intersections' is no longer
> needed and has no effect in POV-Ray 3.7 or later."

Then it is feature that I did not get the warning with #version 3.6; but
do with #version 3.7; :-P

scene that has a few reflections and refractions. It has been confirmed
by StephenS.
What sort of dump do you want with the scene file?

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen