POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 84°F : Re: 84°F Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 84°F
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Aug 2010 15:09:03
Message: <4c780d4f@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:50:51 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:

> On 8/26/2010 3:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> You can take the frontage road and avoid the toll, at least I did when
>> I was last at DFW (a few years ago now).
>>

> You can do that? Huh... I had no idea.

I didn't either the first time - but then was rather annoyed when the nav
system in the car put me on a toll road for < 0.25 mile (basically I had
to pay getting on and getting off two ramps), so I (think I) asked my
class about it, and they told me about the frontage roads.

Maybe it's changed since then, it's been probably 5 years ago now (where
DOES the time go?)

> Well... the toll booths serve a dual purpose, really. You're paying for
> parking. If you leave your vehicle in the lot next to the terminal, you
> get charged by the day (or hour, depending on how long you're there) It
> used to be a nice shortcut for people getting from north of the airport
> to south of the airport, though now the new turnpike makes it less
> tempting to use as a shortcut.

Hmmm...

Jim