POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Request for *.df4 format (ASCII text based) : Re: Request for *.df4 format (ASCII text based) Server Time
18 May 2024 17:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request for *.df4 format (ASCII text based)
From: clipka
Date: 27 Aug 2010 06:16:21
Message: <4c779075$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.08.2010 07:39, schrieb bapt:

>> You might consider this a case of "POV-Ray fails to help you with a
>> useful error message": Your media has a density, but no type. Is it
>> supposed to be absorbing, emitting or scattering?
>
> I see, I added the following but still get a blank page,
>
> #declare theinterior = interior {
>     media {
>      emission<1,1,1>  / 10
>       absorption<1,1,1>  / 30
>       scattering { 1,<0,0,0>  }
>        density {
>           density_file df3 "data.df3"
>           interpolate 1
>           color_map {
>              [0.00 rgb<0,0,0>]
>              [0.2 rgb<0,0,1>]
>              [0.4 rgb<0,1,0>]
>              [1.00 rgb<1,0,0>]
>           }
>        }
>     }
> }

- Emission will be invisible, as your background is plain white.

- You can leave out scattering, as with a value of <0,0,0> it does
nothing (the scattering color specifies how much the red, green and blue
components of the light will be affected).

- Your absorption is simply too weak. Try absorption <1,1,1>*30 instead.
Depends on how dense your density map actually is, though. Note that the
smaller the distances in your scene are, the higher your media
parameters have to be for the same effect.