POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ouch time : Re: Ouch time Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ouch time
From: Warp
Date: 26 Aug 2010 13:49:29
Message: <4c76a928@news.povray.org>
> scott wrote:
> > some implement to *push* the tooth down into its socket really hard

> I don't remember exactly what took out my first wisdom tooth, but I remember
> it looked something like a corkscrew. Good thing I don't get nervous about
> such stuff.

  I have had only one wisdom tooth removed because it was horizontally
impacted and thus could with high probability cause problems later in
life (all the other three wisdom teeth have developed nicely, so there
has been no need to do anything to them).

  The method they used was basically to break it into small pieces with
a drill (or some other similar tool, I'm not an expert) and then extract
all these pieces. It felt like a rather efficient way of doing it, without
causing too much discomfort or trouble.

  Curiously (and thankfully) recovery was almost completely painless.
I didn't even need to use any pain medication (besides what they gave
me right after the procedure). There was quite visible swelling, of course,
but almost no pain at all.

--
                                                          - Warp