POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : optional mesh2 texture_list? : Re: optional mesh2 texture_list? Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:44:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: optional mesh2 texture_list?
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 25 Aug 2010 19:35:48
Message: <4c75a8d4$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/25/2010 04:43 PM, nemesis wrote:
> The builtin manual coming with the latest Windows 3.7 beta says
> texture_list in mesh2 objects is optional.  But I try to remove it and
> povray complains about "Texture index out of range".

are you talking about section 3.4.2.4 ... if not please specify.

> BTW, what's the matter with the wiki?  It mentions mesh2, but no links
> nor descriptions.  Is it going out of style in favor of older mesh?

and it's located here:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_4.2#Mesh2

appears the same as distribution docs ... agreed it's pretty sparse, so
I'm not 100% sure what you mean when you said "no links nor descriptions"