POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : kindle : Re: kindle Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: kindle
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Aug 2010 18:00:35
Message: <4c759283$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:33:04 +0200, scott wrote:

>> I bought an Amazon Kindle. It's very nice. Feel free to ask me about it
>> if you care. :-)
>
> I find two things most important with these kind of gagdets:
>
> 1) How responsive is the UI?  There's no excuse nowadays for the GUI not
> to change instantly when you press buttons.

With Nook, very responsive.

> 2) How comfortable is the screen to read from?  What's the resolution
> and does it work under all lighting conditions (direct sunlight, office,
> dark room etc).

I find the eInk screen extremely comfortable; the page size is about that
of a standard small paperback.  Works great in almost all lighting
conditions, but you do need light (it's not backlit, so it's a no-go in
the dark, just like with a real book).  Battery life is really good.

I'll have to look up the screen resolution for the two screens on the
Nook; there's the eInk screen and the little touchscreen.

Jim