POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Absurd : Re: Absurd Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Absurd
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Aug 2010 12:03:00
Message: <4c753eb4$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   In the US they have a huge festivity in the last day of October, which
> in theory would put an upper limit to how early they will start selling
> Christmas (because it makes more sense to sell Halloween before that).

Yes, we seem to skip right over Thanksgiving in terms of Christmas selling.
On the other hand, Thanksgiving isn't a religious holiday.

> And it's my understanding (although I have never been to the US) that
> most places do indeed quickly change Halloween decorations to Christmas
> decorations the very next day.

Pretty much, yes. :-)

>   Regardless, it's also my understanding that this doesn't stop many
> people and places from starting selling Christmas ridiculously early.

Usually we at least wait for "back to school" sales to be finished before we
celebrate "getting out of school" vacation. :-)  August is indeed a bit
early for Christmas.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven: