POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : kindle : Re: kindle Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: kindle
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Aug 2010 11:39:43
Message: <4c75393f$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Well, that's the reason I didn't get a Kindle, honestly - with the whole
> fiasco Amazon had over 1984, I prefer something where I can back up my
> books manually (which I can do with the Nook).

You can back up your Kindle books. I think most of the new ones have DRM,
but the classics (that Amazon gives you for free) have bunches of readable
words in them (like, Arabian Nights has Knight and Dog and Sand and stuff
like that amongst the gibberish) so I'm assuming that one isn't encrypted.

But you can trivially copy everything off the kindle, reset it back to
factory defaults, and copy the files back on and everything works fine.

Altho I admit I haven't bought a DRMed book yet, so I couldn't guarantee
anything there until I do.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven: