POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : kindle : Re: kindle Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: kindle
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Aug 2010 10:44:24
Message: <4c752c48$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/08/2010 1:55 PM, scott wrote:

> I meant more that when you press a button, there should be some instant
> feedback that you actually pressed it (I understand due to the low power
> screen technology used the refresh rate is going to be slow, but there
> are ways around that like you mentioned with the black/white flash).
> There's nothing worse than pressing a button, apparently nothing is
> happening so you press it again, only to find the system registered two
> presses of the button and you need to go back.

With mine there is the tactical feedback of pressing a button but
swiping the touch screen is less obvious that the command has been
recognised.

>> Mine has a resolution of 600 x 800 pixels on a 6” screen, 8-levels
>> gray scale, fits in a jacket pocket and although a bit reflective can
>> easily be read under artificial light or bright sunlight.
>
> What about low light conditions?  Is it comfortable to read in the dark
> with just a bed-side lamp or similar?  I'm guessing it doesn't have any
> lighting of its own to keep battery usage down?

When using a bedside lamp I increase the font size to Medium as Small is
too hard for me to read. But then my eyes are not as young as they used
to be.

I would recommend e-readers to anyone who can afford them. My wife who
has a penchant for 19th century authors now has an almost unlimited
supply of free books. A good site, besides Project Guttenberg is
http://www.archive.org/details/texts

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen