POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Absurd : Re: Absurd Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Absurd
From: Warp
Date: 25 Aug 2010 09:21:22
Message: <4c7518d2@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aoldotcom> wrote:
> On 25/08/2010 12:30 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> > Today, on the 25th of August, I have just seen my first advert for
> > something Christmas-related.
> >

> Congratulations you win the prize for seeing the first Christmas advert.
> The next one is for seeing the first Christmas lights or display.

  In the US they have a huge festivity in the last day of October, which
in theory would put an upper limit to how early they will start selling
Christmas (because it makes more sense to sell Halloween before that).
And it's my understanding (although I have never been to the US) that
most places do indeed quickly change Halloween decorations to Christmas
decorations the very next day.

  Regardless, it's also my understanding that this doesn't stop many
people and places from starting selling Christmas ridiculously early.
I think many shops will have Christmas and Halloween decorations at the
same time (which, if you think about it, is rather weird and bizarre).

--
                                                          - Warp