POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : kindle : Re: kindle Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: kindle
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Aug 2010 08:44:31
Message: <4c75102f$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/08/2010 11:33 AM, scott wrote:
>> I bought an Amazon Kindle. It's very nice. Feel free to ask me about
>> it if you care. :-)
>
> I find two things most important with these kind of gagdets:
>
> 1) How responsive is the UI? There's no excuse nowadays for the GUI not
> to change instantly when you press buttons.

There is a reason. The Electronic papers used have a very low refresh
rate and ghosting can occur. My Sony flashes black then white to
overcome this, slowing page turning down even further. Having said that
I find it acceptable.

> 2) How comfortable is the screen to read from? What's the resolution and
> does it work under all lighting conditions (direct sunlight, office,
> dark room etc).

Mine has a resolution of 600 x 800 pixels on a 6” screen, 8-levels gray
scale, fits in a jacket pocket and although a bit reflective can easily
be read under artificial light or bright sunlight.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen