POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inception (no spoilers) : Re: Inception (no spoilers) Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inception (no spoilers)
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Aug 2010 16:43:31
Message: <4c718bf3$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> found the very final image of the movie leaving it undecided whether that
> final scene was just a dream or reality

But it doesn't. That's the trick. The top doesn't tell you if Cobb is dreaming.

>   Oh, and by the way: Thanks for recommending this movie (without spoilers).
> Without your post I would have never figured out to go to see precisely
> this movie, and it was just marvelous.

No problem.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  It was very non-Hollywood, wasn't it? :-)

>   That's how like it. And in this case the experience was superb.

Yah.

Here's another hint: Avoid the Tron:Legacy previews. They give away big
chunks of plot, to the point that I can now, from watching one trailer,
pretty much guess the plot of the whole movie, because they were stupid and
put in the "Luke, I am your father" line in the trailer. Foo. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven: