POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow : Re: Wow Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Aug 2010 15:22:33
Message: <4c7178f9$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/08/2010 7:09 PM, Warp wrote:
> Stephen<mca### [at] aoldotcom>  wrote:
>> On 22/08/2010 8:15 AM, Warp wrote:
>>>     Climate can have a significant effect in the culture of a population
>>> (even though saying so is not always fully politically correct because
>>> of some implications).
>>>

>> I agree with what you say but what is not PC about it?
>
>    Harsher climate forces people to be more hard-working and responsible,
> which strengthens the sense of duty. It also usually results in people
> being more amicable with their neighbors because everyone's survival is
> important to the community as a whole.

And by my observations more suspicious of strangers but that maybe just
a small town mentality.

>    In a more temperate climate, where there's no such an urgency in getting
> things done before and during winter, people tend to be lazier and less
> responsible, and procrastination is common.

mean they see things in a different light than we in the old world do.

and Nigeria. There, in very agreeable climates, people are very friendly
to strangers and have a laid back attitude. Too laid back for my
upbringing, at times. :-)

>    Of course since saying this is not PC, most people will automatically
> disagree.

You sound like Andrew sometimes. :-P

--

Best Regards,