POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow : Re: Wow Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Aug 2010 14:18:54
Message: <4c716a0e$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>> Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
>>> A number of game companies that have japanese-sounding names
>>> (including Atari) are all "western" companies in Europe or the Americas.
>>
>>   Any other examples besides Atari?
>>

> I don't remember what the others were. They might have gone out of
> business when arcade consoles got overrun by compputers, but I remember
> there were three or four I'd heard of.

I remember now that I'm not so sleep deprived. There were a number of
companies writing games for Atari 8-bit computers and for arcade consoles
who picked up on the "let's sound japanese" meme. I don't remember the
names, but I remember looking it up in college (like early 1980's) when
looking for more games from the same company and finding out they were all
American.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven: