POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inception (no spoilers) : Re: Inception (no spoilers) Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inception (no spoilers)
From: Warp
Date: 22 Aug 2010 04:41:44
Message: <4c70e2c8@news.povray.org>
> Definitely go see this in the theater. The bigger the better.

> It's very complex and visually pretty darn stunning. Plus, it's the first
> completely new idea I've seen in years and years, and not even a tiny bit
> cliche.

  I went to watch it. The idea and plot was quite cool, but I didn't really
think it was so heavy on the visuals that you would miss much by watching
it on a smaller screen, though. There were some big visual effects, yes,
but it didn't rely on them quite that much (which is a good thing, mind you).

  I like this kind of screenwriting where everything is not spoonfed to
the viewers, every little detail explained clearly and in simple terms
so that even the dumbest viewers can understand what's going on, but
instead the viewer has to be attentive to catch on and understand the
details.

  I thought, however, that the very last scene was a bit cheap of a trick
(I'm not going to spoil it here, though).

--
                                                          - Warp