POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : curved prism object : Re: curved prism object Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: curved prism object
From: Alain
Date: 20 Aug 2010 12:30:00
Message: <4c6ead88$1@news.povray.org>

> Alain and Stephen S
>
> thank you for your previous help but I got stuck one more time, the picture
> below explains nicely why I am stuck. Can you tell me what am I doing wrong?
>
> http://www.kitchendesigned.com/public_download/bezier_.jpg
>
> I appreciate your kind efforts very much.

The last point of segment E is not the same as the first of segment A:
<0,115> VS. <0,90>

When using bezier spline, there is NO auto-closing of the shape. If the
spline is open, it disapears completely. That's because you can no
longer unequivocaly determine if any point is inside the prism or not.

Alain