POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : curved prism object : Re: curved prism object Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: curved prism object
From: Alain
Date: 20 Aug 2010 12:23:33
Message: <4c6eac05$1@news.povray.org>

> StephenS
>
> thank you very much, you are right opening and closing points must be the same
> (0,90) in this case. I solved my problem for now, but since the cabinets side
> measurements are changeable by the user I hope I can get the curve's (2nd and 3
> rd) points correctly calculated. I am trying to figure out the algorithm for
> that. If any formulas come to mind I'll be thankful for any idea.
>
> appreciate everything,
> optima

When using a bezier spline, the last point of any segment MUST be the
same as the first point of the next segment. Also, the last point of the
last segment must be the same as the first point of the first segment.
With that kind of spline, there is no auto-closing as there is with the
other spline types.

Alain