POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow : Re: Wow Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 19 Aug 2010 03:31:22
Message: <4c6cddca@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Kevin Wampler <wam### [at] uwashingtonedu> wrote:
>> Clearly what we need then is some way to get Warp riled up.  Anybody
>> know any good Finnish jokes?
>
>   Why would I get "riled up" by a Finnish joke?

If I thought you'd *actually* mind it I wouldn't have suggested it :-)

>   I once heard a claim (which I don't know if it's true) that Norwegians,
> of all people, seem to have quite many Finnish jokes, especially related
> to the Winter War. For example one goes something like this:
>
>   Two Finns who survived the Winter War were conversating afterwards:

I had not heard that one before.  Is there a typical sort of punchline
to jokes about Finns?  The main negative stereotypes I've heard is that
they're untalkative surely drunks (who you additionally don't want to
get into a war with), but this is based on about four web comics I read
a year ago, so I have no idea if that's actually what the stereotype is.