POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Converting pre-gamma scenes to assumed_gamma = 1? : Re: Converting pre-gamma scenes to assumed_gamma = 1? Server Time
8 May 2024 12:32:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converting pre-gamma scenes to assumed_gamma = 1?
From: Alain
Date: 17 Aug 2010 19:59:41
Message: <4c6b226d$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2010-08-17 19:35, SharkD a écrit :
> On 6/9/2010 7:26 AM, clipka wrote:
>> (2) Gamma-adjust all color literals, by raising the R,G,B components to
>> the power of 2.2 (or wait for the next beta, and add "gamma 2.2" to the
>> color literal). Check your scene for colour values that are computed
>> from some other values - you may (or may not) want to gamma-adjust these
>> as well.
>
> What about colors like <1,1,1> or <1,0,0>? Raising them to a power has
> no effect.

And there are also cases where assumed_gamma was (ab)used instead of
ajusting the lights intencity or the finish. Like: My scene is to
dark/bright, don't bother looking at the lights/finishes/pigments,
change assumed_gamma to compensate.

Often, you'll need to adjust the falues of the light_source as well as
the pigments and textures.

Alain