POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : curved prism object : Re: curved prism object Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: curved prism object
From: stbenge
Date: 17 Aug 2010 17:41:22
Message: <4c6b0202@news.povray.org>
optima wrote:
> the problem is when I need to follow curved lines for a prism.
>
> How can I produce curved and straight lines in a single prism object for this
> cabinet's top-bottom part? Of course same algorithm will be used for a shelf
> too.
>
> I appreciate any help in this matter, I am really stuck when it comes to things
> other than straight lines in anything.

My include file will make things like that easier.

Here's a quick example:
  http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/curved.png

And the points used to make it:
  #declare pts =
  array[1]{
   array[6]{
    <-1, -1, 0>,
    <.3, .3, .5>, // rounded portion
    <1, -1,  0>
   }
  }

curves. Hopefully, the code will be finished soon. I can keep you
updated if you would like.

Sam