POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : curved prism object : Re: curved prism object Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: curved prism object
From: stbenge
Date: 17 Aug 2010 14:26:51
Message: <4c6ad46b@news.povray.org>
optima wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can create sharp cornered objects using prism function, such as the case of
> the
> cabinet in the picture.
>
> But creating the front door and the top/bottom panels is problematic for me
> cause I dont know how to "bend/curve" the path for a prism.
> Does it have something to do with linear_spline , can you give me a simple
> sample for creating this door and the top panel as prism object or another
> better object?
>
> I can draw this shape from top down view in C# gdi+, but in povray I dont know
> which arguments to feed into which function.
>
> thank you very much for all your help

Can you provide a link to a sketch of the most complex piece you will
have to make? I've been working on a rounded prism object which may suit
your needs. With it, you describe a series of points making up a linear
spline and can add rounding to each point, allowing for more complex
shapes. The object can be beveled, and can also handle sharp corners. It
can easily produce the object you posted. I'm almost done with it; I
just need to provide a few sample scenes.

Sam