POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random annoyances : Re: Random annoyances Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random annoyances
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 13 Aug 2010 08:31:32
Message: <4c653b24$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/12/2010 1:57 PM, andrel wrote:

> There are probably as many driver styles as there are drivers. There is
> for instance the aggressive style, though they would probably describe

Interesting point. I'm probably more of the cooperative driver, though
depending on the circumstances I'm probably edge in a small amount of
aggressiveness when called for. E.g. crowded road, no one will leave a
good enough gap. You have to do something because you're running out of
road (trying to merge onto the freeway)

Interestingly, I used to race in autocross back when I had a car that
was appropriate for it. It gave me a good outlet for carving corners and
doing some fast driving at the limit, something not appropriate for the
street.

There is something to that, though. I see many drivers as not
necessarily being bad drivers (unless they are driving 50mph on a 70mph
road yapping on their cellphone) but being just plain rude drivers. I'm
always very irritated when I see people wait until the absolute last
possible second before moving over when there have been signs indicating
the lane is under construction and everyone must move over up to a mile
before the construction starts. Although, a couple of states I have
driven in have enacted a law stating that they must move over 1/4 - 1/2
mile before reaching the construction zone. Waiting to the last second
before moving to a different lane will cause delays because someone will
have to stop for you.

--
~Mike