POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random annoyances : Re: Random annoyances Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random annoyances
From: scott
Date: 13 Aug 2010 02:32:13
Message: <4c64e6ed$1@news.povray.org>
> My annoyance:
> Snow and ice on trucks. I know the top of those transfer trucks are hard
> to reach, but that three inch slab of rock hard ice, that built up while
> you were stuck in at a rest stop cause the roads were closed, is going
> to fly off at some point. Surprises me that more people aren't killed by
> that stuff.

I once saw the whole top sheet of ice slide off onto the footpath as a truck
went around a sharp corner, luckily there was nobody there.

I also had a big lump of ice (about 30x20 cm) come off the van that had just
overtaken me and smash right into my windscreen, it was coming straight for
my face but luckily the glass held up, it was the loudest bang I'd ever
heard in the car!