POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random annoyances : Re: Random annoyances Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random annoyances
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Aug 2010 18:25:50
Message: <4c6474ee$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> First we have to create a committee that can judge drivers capacity.

On the other hand, I think it's safe to say that there *are* objective
criteria for bad drivers: If you frequently get in an accident, you're a
worse driver than those who never do.

I saw a study where they put cameras into 300 cars for a year to see what
the driver was doing when they got in an accident. Even knowing they were
being monitored, 100 people that year got in an accident.  That tells me an
average driver (assuming they picked randomly, which might not be the case
now that I think of it) gets in an accident every 3 years. This boggles my
mind. I don't even ding a door in the parking lot every 3 years.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven: