POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random annoyances : Re: Random annoyances Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random annoyances
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 12 Aug 2010 12:35:53
Message: <4c6422e9$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/12/2010 7:59 AM, Warp wrote:

>    I liked one thing the commentator said in the show, which was something
> about the outright contradictory attitude many drivers have towards their
> own car: When the car is parked, it's the most valuable and fragile thing
> in the entire world to them. Even a minor scratch is comparable to the end
> of the world. However, when they are driving the car, their attitude seems
> completely the opposite, as their driving is completely reckless, as if they
> couldn't care less how many scratches, bumps or even major damage their car
> could get from it.

Wow... I can totally see that attitude in some people. I get annoyed by
the constant nicks the front-end of my car gets from gravel coming off
the road, which reminds me of another annoyance:

Gravel haulers. This is a tractor-trailer hauling a huge load of gravel.
They've passed a law recently requiring them to place a tarp over the
load. It helps, but I see so many that are in such a sad state of repair
that have huge holes in the tarp. Flinging rocks toward windshields as
they make their way down the road, usually driving way too fast.

--
~Mike