POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random annoyances : Re: Random annoyances Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random annoyances
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Aug 2010 12:07:26
Message: <4c641c3e$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> * Contractors: Make sure your pallets, ladders, pipes, etc are tied down

I think I've seen three or four times where I go past a car half off the
road with something wedged underneath where I think "That looked like a
ladder tangled in his wheels", and then three miles later theres someone in
a pickup truck full of ladders at the side of the road and the driver
standing there scratching his head like "I thought I had one more than that."

> * Driving while sending a txt msg? srsly?

I see at least several times a year someone driving down the road with a
newspaper over the steering wheel, reading it.

> * Arrogant cyclists who seem to get some perverse pleasure out of
> wearing clothing that is waay too small and waaay to revealing of things
> I prefer not to see. Ever.

Dogbert:
    "Problem: Bicycle seats are hard and uncomfortable."
    "Solution: Wear funny pants."

> * Conversely: Learn how to merge, let me give you a hint.

Yes. And please get your ass into the lane where you want to exit, instead
of waiting until someone is *about* to merge, then shifting from the center
lane to the right lane.  And please don't speed up when you see someone
trying to merge in front of you - they really have nowhere else to go.

> * Riding the bumper of the person in front of you will not make the
> person in front of you go any faster.

And, while we're at it, if you're driving down the road at 70MPH and there
isn't room for someone to parallel-park in front of you, you're doing it wrong.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven: