POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV-Ray cannot read ini file : Re: POV-Ray cannot read ini file Server Time
5 May 2024 03:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray cannot read ini file
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Aug 2010 12:05:02
Message: <4c62ca2e$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/08/2010 3:44 PM, kbogoski wrote:

> Hello Stephen,
>
> When I follow that path, the Tools menu only gives me "Help On this Menu" and
> "Re-load Tool Menu."
>
> I've tried moving the INI file and rerouting the path, with no luck.
>
> I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it.  I have 3.6 and 3.7 and they both have
> trouble with the INI file.  that's why I'm so frustrated with it.

Would it be too inconvenient to System Restore your system to before you
installed PovRay?
Are you confident enough to edit the registry?
I would be tempted to uninstall both versions of PovRay run Regedit and
remove all the entries that refer to PovRay. Then reinstall PovRay 3.6.2
and see if that runs.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen