POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Neural malfunction : Re: Neural malfunction Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Neural malfunction
From: scott
Date: 11 Aug 2010 03:38:45
Message: <4c625385@news.povray.org>
>>> I pretty much only get headaches on the first day back at work after
>>> some time off.
>>
>> If you work in an office building, I'd bet you $20 it's bad air. Air
>> conditioning doesn't ever really bring the CO2 levels down to the same
>> as outside air.

You might be right, we only use the air-con here during the summer months so
I'll remember to check this next time I get a headache at work.  Given that
I usually take holidays in the summer, there probably was some point where I
returned back to an air-conditioned office and got a headache.

> Actually.. Could be bad lighting too. Some people are susceptible to the
> flicker in florescent lights, whether working properly or not, though not
> tends to be worse for those people. This can, and does, trigger headaches
> in some people, and could go away, once "re-acclimated" to the lighting.

Another good point, if it's a dull day the office lights are way brighter
than any light from outside (if it's sunny you don't notice they're on, so
usually we keep them off to save power).

So it seems if the first day back in the office is a hot, dull day then I'm
screwed!