POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Neural malfunction : Re: Neural malfunction Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:13:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Neural malfunction
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 10 Aug 2010 15:00:47
Message: <4c61a1df$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/10/2010 3:05 AM, Tim Cook wrote:
> On 2010-08-10 04:20, Invisible wrote:
>> This is where things get really weird. I ate a bunch of painkillers over
>> an hour ago, and they still haven't had any effect. But as soon as I
>> started eating food, within literally *minutes* my headache almost
>> completely vanished. WTF is *that* about?!
>>
>> Any unsubstantiated theories? Wild speculation? Baseless diagnosis?
>
> Sounds like the migraines I get that are triggered by (and corrected by
> fixing) my poor sleep/eating habits. They can also be triggered by
> sudden change in caffeine level in body.
>
> --
> Tim Cook
> http://empyrean.freesitespace.net
That was my first thought too. Though, mine are "usually" triggered by
not drinking enough. Its notable that a) they can seem to fade, a bit,
after eating, especially if you didn't eat enough, and that accelerated
the problem, b) drinking water to rehydrate does **nothing** to stave it
off, and c) at least in my case, it can seem fairly bad, but not
horribly so, until I actually have to try to rest any, and then
*everything* drives me up the wall.

The prevention of these tends to be a) acetometiphin (I think its
called, and in Tylonol?) + caffeine. The caffeine effects blood flow in
the brain, so if you decrease intake, it takes a bit for your brain to
re-adjust. Basically, you end up creating one of the conditions that
**helps** create a migraine by going off it (oh, joy lol). Not sure what
the other does, but both are needed to deal with it. The **problem** is,
this combination will only work, and this has been tested medically, if
you take one *before* you get any symptoms at all, or *just as* you
start to notice the preliminary symptoms (which in my case is a stiff
neck and ache in the nerves there). If you take it after you have the
headache, it does absolutely nothing for you.

Given how easy it is, on my job, to dehydrate, I have made it a habit of
taking one before work, every day I work more than 4 hours. Its been
months since I had one. Where, before, I could get one 1-2 times a month.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();