POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspirational text : Re: Inspirational text Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspirational text
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Aug 2010 08:49:16
Message: <4c614acc$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/08/2010 12:01 PM, Warp wrote:
> Stephen<mca### [at] aoldotcom>  wrote:
>> On 04/08/2010 1:58 PM, Warp wrote:
>>>     For some reason I found this quite touching:
>>>
>>> http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/483318927.html
>>>

>> To me he sounds like a self pitying wimp.
>
>    That comment sounds quite arrogant to me. You don't know his situation,
> you don't know his personality, you don't know exactly what happened. For
> some reason you are assuming dishonesty (if not in any other form, at least
> in the form of the author deluding himself, thus being dishonest to himself).
>
>    Why does everything have to be taken on bad faith? Why cannot honesty
> and objectivity be assumed by default? Are we so cynical that everybody
> must be assumed to be dishonest liars until proven otherwise?

I suppose that without any qualifying statements it could be seen as
arrogant. But it is a statement of fact that, it is how his rant seems
to me. A disappointed person who has gone out of his way to have a
platonic relationship with a member of the opposite sex and is
frustrated when things did not work out the way he wanted them. Then
whinges about women in general when he really is talking about one woman
specifically. This reeks of misogynism to me. But then, I like the
company of women, prefering them to men actually.

nice a guy as he obviously thinks he is. Which agrees with your point
that I think that he is deluding himself.
If you read what he wrote on more than a surface level you can see that
he believes he is a paragon of virtue. Paragraph starting, See, if you

to the world lots the of truly evil things she has done to him such as
laughing at him and saying that she denied having any romantic feelings

hate people that talk about themselves in the third person?
He then goes on (in the third person, again) to imply how successful he
is even suggesting that he has had SEX. OMG!

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen