POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspirational text : Re: Inspirational text Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspirational text
From: Warp
Date: 10 Aug 2010 07:01:22
Message: <4c613182@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aoldotcom> wrote:
> On 04/08/2010 1:58 PM, Warp wrote:
> >    For some reason I found this quite touching:
> >
> > http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/483318927.html
> >

> To me he sounds like a self pitying wimp.

  That comment sounds quite arrogant to me. You don't know his situation,
you don't know his personality, you don't know exactly what happened. For
some reason you are assuming dishonesty (if not in any other form, at least
in the form of the author deluding himself, thus being dishonest to himself).

  Why does everything have to be taken on bad faith? Why cannot honesty
and objectivity be assumed by default? Are we so cynical that everybody
must be assumed to be dishonest liars until proven otherwise?

--
                                                          - Warp