POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspirational text : Re: Inspirational text Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspirational text
From: Tim Cook
Date: 9 Aug 2010 22:05:36
Message: <4c60b3f0@news.povray.org>
On 2010-08-09 21:11, Shay wrote:
> But even if "most others" do disagree with me, perhaps techy folks are
> more inclined to believe that women can be gamed. Sure, they /can/ be,
> everyone /can/ be gamed by the right person, but it's far from the
> easiest way to find love.

 From what I understand, it's the exact opposite.  It's the jerks and
frat-boy types that are blatant about 'gaming' women that actually get
the women, while the 'nice guy' geeks get 'friendzoned'.

...at least, that's the traditional portrayal by pop culture.

It has to do with the nice guy geeks being the ones that will provide
stability for the offspring while the female goes off and has affairs
with the good-looking ones, effectively shopping for ideal genes for the
offspring the sucker at home will help raise, or something.  Birds do
it, too, if the documentaries I've seen hold any water.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net