POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspirational text : Re: Inspirational text Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspirational text
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Aug 2010 20:08:37
Message: <4c5f4705@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> I'm nice to women. But I'm also nice to men. I am not nice to men because I
> want sex with them, and I don't get mad when men I am nice to don't have sex
> with me. Nor am I nice to women because I want sex with them.

And you would be upset if the guys you were nice to treated you like crap,
never told you about a good job opening they heard of, didn't invite you out
to go drinking but did continue to bum money off of you, made fun of you for
how bad you were at sports when the game required one more player, etc, yes?

|| You ignored the nice guy.
|| You used him for emotional intimacy without reciprocating, in kind, with
physical intimacy.
|| You laughed at his consideration and
|| resented his devotion.
|| You valued the aloof boyfriend more than the attentive "just-a-" friend.

So out of the five things he lists, one has to do with sex.

Now he's talking about the women not being able to find a romantic
relationship with a "nice" guy.

> You could say my being nice is not conditional on getting laid. Obviously,
> the ebay poster means somethine else by being "nice".

See above.

> Someone seeking friendship would not lament and curse the lack of sex in
> return for being nice.

Yes, but someone seeking romance shouldn't complain when the guy seeking
friendship isn't around for them when they spent five years going out with
the other type and putting down the friendly ones.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback